Joshua is an author, trainer, mystic and philosopher.
After a profound contemplative experience in 2014, Joshua has since been writing and thinking about the big questions of human life. Joshua writes about self-realisation, nonduality, contentment, fulfilment, meaning, God, love, sanity, compassion and the search for spiritual truth.
A citizen of Australia, Joshua was born in Adelaide in 1983.
Joshua has worked in software engineering, administration, emergency medical, training, retail and technical writing roles.
In his spare time, Joshua sometimes enjoys listening to jazz and hanging out with plants.
Other interests include humanity, deviance, social justice, advocacy for the socially disadvantaged, applied technology, free software, user experience, motorcycling, flight, herbalism, gardening, peace, philanthropy, minimalism, sustainability, shamanism, song, fine art, writing, laughter and teaching.
A Magnificent Fraud: thirty-five years dreaming - a spiritual autobiography; a tale of (re)awakening to the sacred.
The Big Questions - Self-realisation
This website is about probing the big questions of life:
Who am I? Why am I here? What should I become? How do I know? Where am I going? Why should I care? What is our fate? How am I free? How do I live a good life? Why is there suffering? Can I, should I, be happy?
What does it mean, to say something is sacred? And how is asking such questions relevant to everyday life?
This section is an evolving dialogue, between you and I. Ask a question.
- An Introduction to Self-realisation and Mysticism
- What is the basis of profound mystical experience? Why is this relevant?
- Beyond Any Religion, Philosophy or Tradition
- the issue of Authority and the Dharmas of Self-realisation
- The distilled essence of self-realisation
- Self Inquiry
- Pointers to uncovering the truth that is 'hidden' in plain sight
- Contemplative discussion of Happiness, Selflessness and Being
- a brief guided exposition of reality
- The Nonduality of Self-realisation
- What is Nonduality?
- Questions and Answers
- A compendium of questions and answers regarding self-realisation
- Poetry - beyond the literal; another way to 'reconnect' with Self?
- Art - drawing, illustration and sculpture, provoked by the questions at the edge of the known
- Assorted Resources for Self-Realisation - tools for self-inquiry, meditation, prayer, reflection and ernest consideration [UNDER REVISION]
Other Curated Resources and Hobby Interests
- Giggles, Jokes and Laughter
- Philanthropy - some worthwhile causes for consideration
- Nostalgia Corner - primarily 1980s and 90s tech
- Interesting People - people whose work I particularly appreciate
- Software Developer Resources - assorted resources for artisans of quality software
- Software Archive - some old works
Like life, this website is a play in progress.
Contact Josh, if you have a comment or a question.
Find Joshua on Facebook.